Dreaming of living in paradise? Want to join a team delivering
unmatched patient care? Enjoy working with an incredible team? If
so, we have the perfect role for you!
What We Stand For: Lower Keys Medical Center is
committed to the delivery of consistent quality services in a safe
and fiscally responsible manner that meet the needs of patients,
physicians, employees, and our community; and to the maintenance of
an environment that encourages individual development, teamwork and
pride with compassion and respect for each person.
What We Do: Lower Keys Medical Center (LKMC) is
a 167 bed, full service, Joint Commission accredited, outstanding,
acute care medical facility with a
- 24/7 emergency room
- 24/7 laboratory
- 24/7 radiology services
- 24/7 specially equipped medical transport helicopter
LKMC is also proud to be the only hospital in the Florida Keys
that offers labor and delivery services. We also offer physical
therapy in Key West using a multi-joint strength system, in
addition to other innovative systems and equipment for customized
LKMC is fully accredited by the State of Florida and the gold
standard, The Joint Commission.
What Does a Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit
Do? As a Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit with
Lower Keys Medical Center, you will spend your day…
- Evaluating assigned patients and plans, implementing and
documenting nursing care.
- Assisting the physicians during examinations and
- Performing various patient tests and administering medications
within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promoting patients' independence by establishing patient care
goals and teaching patients, and families to understand conditions,
medications, and self-care skills.
- You will rely on your experience and judgment to plan and
- Also, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is
- Typically you will report to a manager or head of a
What’s In It For You?: Joining the LKMC team
gives you an unmatched experience of being a part of something much
larger, growth potential, full benefits package, competitive
Which Qualifications Do You Need? In order to
set you up for success, you need the basics of…
- An Associate's Degree and RN (FL) certified are required.
- Also you must have current BLS, and ACLS certifications from
the American Heart Association.
- Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices,
- Two years of medical experience is preferred, however not
Lower Key Medical Center is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected
- Two years of critical care experience highly preferred.
- Associates or better in Nursing
- High School or better
- Bachelors or better in Nursing
Licenses & Certifications
- C-AHA BLS Basic Cardiac
- C-AHA ACLS
- L-FL-RN License
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample
time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals