Painter - Engineer Level 1
Company: Highgate Hotels
Location: Key West
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Gates is a new lifestyle hotel in Key West offering an
intimate setting that invites guests to celebrate the island's
colorful history and creative spirit. Mixing contemporary design
and retro Floridian flair, The Gates Hotel features guestrooms with
modern amenities that uniquely combine upscale sophistication and
polished service with the island's casual laidback vibe.
The Painting technichian is responsible for ensuring that the
property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times
with the least amount of inconvenience to customers and
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to
equipment, buildings, bridges, and/or other structures, using
brushes, spray guns, or rollers
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare
wood or metal, for finish coats
- Calculate amounts of required materials based on surface
measurements and/or work orders
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to
protect surfaces during painting
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or
other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives
- Mix and match colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil and
thinning and drying additives in order to obtain desired colors and
- Polish final coats to specified finishes
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors in
order to determine work requirements
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, lamps, and
electric switch covers prior to painting
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing,
burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting
- Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel
wool, and/or sanding machines
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover,
or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes
will adhere properly
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field required.
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or
related field preferred.
- Trade school and/or College course work in related field
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently
and/or in excess of 20 pounds Must be able to effectively
communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees
and guests in an attentive, friendly courteouse and service
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Key West , Painter - Engineer Level 1, Other , Key West, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!