Get paid to tell scary stories with this Fun & Flexible, Part
US Ghost Adventures, a national tour operation
is seeking energetic storytellers to lead 90-minute walking tour
groups downtown. This part time position is ideal for
self-motivated candidates looking for a fun way to make extra
income in the evenings.
Job Details & Requirements:
- Compensation is $50 per tour plus cash tips.
- Walking tours last approximately 90 minutes, covering about one
mile of ground, and have anywhere from 2 to 35 guests. Guides must
have the ability to walk/stand for the tour duration.
- Qualified candidates must be skilled in both customer service
and public speaking.
- Tours operate year-round, seven days a week.
- Guides must be available from 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm on scheduled
- Guides must be available to work a minimum of three nights per
week and be willing to commit for one year. Weekend availability
may be required.
- For scheduling, guides must be able to provide their
availability to work 3 to 4 weeks in advance.
- Applicants must reside near downtown (within 15 miles) and have
- If required by the city, applicants must possess or be willing
to attain a tour guide license in accordance with the city
The process is simple, and divided into five
1. If this is a fit for you, contact us and tell us why we
should hire you to join our ghost tour team. State your
availability and any experience with leading groups of people or
2. Virtual interview
3. Contract completion
4. Training: Our training process is designed to prepare
candidates for success.
A) You'll learn the route and material. Practice reciting the
stories out loud, either by recording yourself or in front of
friends. Walk the tour route and visit the locations in person. You
will attend in-person training sessions and may shadow tours. You
will have four weeks to learn the material.
B) Once you can recite the stories, you will be tested by
delivering a tour to our staff.
5. Onboarding. When you pass your test, you will be set up in
our booking system and scheduled. Your first tour will be
supervised. Once you give a successful supervised tour, you're
Tour guides are expected to follow all policies and procedures,
communicate with scheduling staff, and must never be late or miss a
tour. Taking care of the guests is a top priority.
We want all of our staff to love what they do, and to love
working with us. We are excited to meet you and hope you have what
it takes to join US Ghost Adventures!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour