Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives
better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of
coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that
happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve
lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in
return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life
kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you -
with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky
personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we
know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds
who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who
don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who
have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky,
irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright
exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
As the Director of Rooms you'll be responsible for providing
quality guest service within the guidelines specified by hotel
management. You'll lead all Front Office and Housekeeping
operations (Housekeeping, Front Desk, PBX, Concierge, Bell, Door,
Valet Services, and Night Audit).
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Lead a flock of hardworking Guest Services departments that
seek to provide extraordinary guest experiences, while performing
within financial guidelines.
- Coordinate all duties performed by Front Office employees,
monitor and maintain property interfaces.
- Set and maintain a high level of guest service and respond to
social media sites.
- Assist with scheduling for all areas of Housekeeping and Front
- You'll collaborate with the Front Office Manager and Director
of Housekeeping to boost and implement company standards, company
culture and programs.
- Ensure training of all employees working in your assigned
- Mentor, counsel, and discipline all the shift employees along
with the department head.
- Indirectly responsible for supervising other hotel departments
such as; Security, Engineering, and Reservations when needed.
What You Bring
- Minimum 3 years management or supervisory experience in
hospitality or similar industry.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and
people, while exhibiting a consistent level of integrity.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively
- Experience with Opera and Microsoft Office Suite is
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and
holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.