Cook (Starting at $19/hr!)
Company: Hersha Hospitality Management, LP
Location: Key West
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Prepare food items according to recipes and standards, taking
pride in the excellence and quality of cuisine, while maintaining a
safe and sanitary work environment.
Starting at $19/hr!
Potential Career Path
Lead Cook - Sous Chef - Executive Chef - Food and Beverage
Essential Job Functions
- Follow recipes to prepare food items accordingly.
- Wash, peel, and cut fruits and vegetables; cut, trim, or clean
- Prepare appetizers, salads, or cold dishes.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and
- Bake breads, rolls, or other baked goods.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food for pick up by server or
deliver to guests.
- Maintain clean and sanitized work areas such as cutting boards,
counters and work spaces.
- Secure and store food items properly.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward
increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow safe food handling procedures.
- Follow guidelines related to sustainability practices related
to HHM's EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits and wear protective safety
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous culinary experience or equivalent training
- Department of Health Sanitation certificate may be
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays,
weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing,
lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability - Hearts That Serve - Only Excellence
- Stay Nimble - Own It
PARROT KEY HOTEL & VILLAS IS AN IDYLLIC KEY WEST HIDEAWAY
OFFERING SIMPLE LUXURY, COMFORT AND STYLE IN A SERENE WATERFRONT
OASIS. Five acres of award-winning tropical gardens surround Parrot
Key, with pretty paths meandering through colorful foliage and
beautiful landscaping. Four sparkling pools are nestled among their
own private sculpture garden with The Grove Kitchen & Bar offering
a range of refreshing drinks and delicious food. Each guestroom,
suite and villa boasts spectacular views of either the calm ocean
or the lush gardens. From your peaceful haven, it's hard to believe
that the energetic and eclectic vibe of Old Town Key West, is just
a 3 miles away.
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin,
ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, citizenship status or any other group protected by
Keywords: Hersha Hospitality Management, LP, Key West , Cook (Starting at $19/hr!), Other , Key West, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!