Host/Hostess-Southernmost Beach Resort
Company: Highgate Hotels
Location: Key West
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets
including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu.
Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets
through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague.
Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate
asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative
revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages
of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development
through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the
creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and
utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that
identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out
performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team
consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel
management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Located in historic Old Town, Southernmost Beach Resort expands
over 6 acres on a serene part of the island with Atlantic Ocean
front views, gorgeous Key West architecture, and all the amenities
you desire in a beach resort. Just a short walk or bike ride from
Key West's boutique shops, art galleries, eclectic restaurants, and
non-stop nightlife, the resort spans over two city blocks and
offers guest rooms that are located within easy reach of both the
beach and world-famous Duval Street.
The Hostperson is responsible for ensuring the prompt
recognition and seating of all guests in outlets as assigned and
assists the servers in providing attentive, courteous and efficient
service to guests throughout their dining experience. He/she is
also responsible for assisting the cashier in the collection of
payment for all guest transactions.
- Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely
- Be attentive of guests' needs assist in providing a pleasant
- Assist cashier in collection of money or credit cards from
guests and servers as needed.
- Know how to prepare cashier report at the end of the
- Pay out servers' and service attendants' tips if
- Know how to properly take reservations for outlets.
- Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established
- Have a complete knowledge of standards of service for receiving
a room service order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all
- Assist servers and cashiers in the servicing of guests as
- Know and understand the state liquor laws.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma and/or experience in a hotel or a related
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Key West , Host/Hostess-Southernmost Beach Resort, Other , Key West, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!