Shipping/Receiving Clerk - Keys Auto Center
Company: Warren Henry Auto Group
Location: Key West
Posted on: May 31, 2021
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk’s key
responsibility is distributing received shipments and preparing
outbound shipments. This position will also assist with the Parts
department in selling parts to all customers through various means
such as over the counter, through the service department or on the
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other
- Provides high level of service to internal and external
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials
that need immediate attention.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Participates in all training programs that are made
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments
and prepares items for shipment.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or
measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify
information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping
procedures, routes, and rates.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and
- Stamps identifying information and shipping instructions onto
crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items,
records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey,
or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage
or work area.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming
- May receive damaged or defective goods returned to
- May receive unsold products returned by driver.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or
minimum one year of related experience and/or training, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexibility to work various hours and weekends.
- Preferred – strong automotive knowledge.
- Preferred – Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Keywords: Warren Henry Auto Group, Key West , Shipping/Receiving Clerk - Keys Auto Center, Other , Key West, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!