Grounds Laborer (MEI)
Location: Key West
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Are you looking to be part of the team for a non-profit, where
our passion and purpose is to provide job skills training, a
compassionate culture, and employment opportunities for disabled
veterans and other people with disabilities? If you are an
experienced Grounds Laborer please consider applying for this entry
level position within our company.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Grounds Laborer is
responsible for the cultivation and care of landscaping and grounds
on open grounds and around buildings and/or structures. May perform
some janitorial work. Maintains constant monitoring of cleanliness
to ensure company standards are correctly maintained, while using
the appropriate supplies and equipment in a responsible and
- Due to contract requirements, priority will be given to persons
with disabilities. *
- Perform various grounds keeping duties.
- Cut/Mow lawn using hand, power, or riding mower.
- Trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Rake and prepare, and replace and/or lay seed or sod in needed
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes.
- Apply fertilizer and/or pesticides to ground to enhance
- Remove stumps, fills holes, and applies grass seed as
- Remove all landscaping debris.
- Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger.
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment
utilized in grounds keeping.
- Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
- Water plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Frequent exposure to heat, sun for extended periods of
- Possible exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors and various
- Exposure to wildlife.
- Possible exposure to uncomfortable noise levels and vibration
of body or extremities.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One year relevant experience.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable.
- Read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, techniques, skills, materials,
and methods of landscaping.
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to
do a job.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate riding mower, weed
eater, grass edger, chain saw, stump grinder, hedge trimmer, leaf
blower, wood chipper, lift, pressure washer, and other basic hand
and power tools.
- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body,
arms and/or legs.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of
- The ability to lift between 25-50 lbs.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time in
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to operate various pieces of large equipment in
accordance with company procedures and safety regulations.
- The ability to make repetitive movements.
- The ability to work in awkward postures.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive;
it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements
of the job. The employee may be requested to perform other
job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
About the Company:
Since 2001, Mavagi Enterprises, Inc. has been providing its
customers with the unique opportunity to employ a social enterprise
that provides cleaning and ground maintenance services, as well as
other meaningful job opportunities. Our company aims to provide
opportunities to people with disabilities in order to assist them
in overcoming barriers that limit their potential. With a vision to
continue to be a respected employer of people with disabilities and
"vendor of choice" in the markets we serve by cultivating an
exceptional service-driven company that is committed to excellence
and quality. Our values are to act with integrity at all times; to
know our responsibilities as leaders; to create an environment
where all associates are valued and respected; and to make ethical
decisions while acting responsibly, ethically, and compliantly.
Mavagi Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: Mavagi, Key West , Grounds Laborer (MEI), Other , Key West, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!