Manager - Operations
Company: Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos
Location: Key West
Posted on: May 3, 2021
With venues in 74 countries, including 183 cafes, 27 hotels and
12 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most
globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton
guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of
music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the
globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and
music-related merchandise and Hard Rock Live performance venues.
HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company
owns, operates and franchises Cafes across Europe, Asia, and the
Americas, as well as owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino
properties worldwide. Destinations include the company's two most
successful Hotel and Casino properties in Florida, both owned and
operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. In
2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine
Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global
Gaming Awards. For more information on Hard Rock International
The Operations Manager is responsible for departmental P & L
expense lines as designated by the General Manager. The Operations
Manager also supports cafe senior leadership in upholding all brand
standards and core values, while meeting or exceeding Hard Rock
- Demonstrate financial comprehension of the cafe's budget and
- Serve as a mentor and coach to develop hourly staff members
into Hard Rock brand ambassadors and industry leading customer
- Manage labor schedules in line with the cafe's budget and
- Successfully run a department and/or cost center.
- Partner across all departments in an effort to support the team
in consistent execution of all systems and processes to deliver all
products and services to Hard Rock's brand standards.
- Support senior management in building a highly functional
hourly team who share a common vision and values surrounding the
overall success of the Cafe.
- Execute established brand standards within the Rock Shop as
well as think outside the box to harness potential opportunities to
grow retail sales through both staff and guest interaction.
- Foster an environment of customer service in which all team
members put the guest first in every situation.
- Execute established standards for overall guest satisfaction
that meet or exceed brand standards as determined by an objective
- Remain an objective observer of the standards of service to
ensure guest expectations of the Brand & Cafe are upheld.
- Ability to engage with guests in regards to music both current
- Support senior management in attracting and retaining the most
exceptionally talented people available in the market and place
them in positions that leverage their skills and expertise for
- Clearly define goals and expectations for team members using
performance review tools and hold your team accountable for
- Support staff development and advancement along well-defined
- Serve as a Learning Coach developing, implementing, and
executing learning & developmental programs for all individuals
under his/her stewardship to drive continuous improvement and
- Possess a self-motivated approach to their own personal and
This job description reflects the position's essential
functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- 3+ years in an Operations Managerial role with high volume
exposure in a casual- themed, full- service restaurant.
- Ability to learn and bring "out of the box" ideas to their
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for serving people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of business acumen and common sense.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to
diagnose and implement solutions.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills,
excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either
written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to effectively pitch and present information in
one-on-one and group situations to media, customers, clients,
partners and other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes
during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive
sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work
with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects
(lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We
live our motto LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an
inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock
welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the
policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when
requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability,
unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy
regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all
aspects of employment, including the application process. If
reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our
Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
current job, management reserves the right to revise the current
job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when
circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Keywords: Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos, Key West , Manager - Operations, Other , Key West, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!