is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management
company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate
is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New
York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing
Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward
company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property
cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or
disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse
portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and
independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and
digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue
management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving
market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value.
With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced
hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and
Hilton Garden Inn Key West / The Keys
Collection is a brand new hotel that debuted in Key West, the
southernmost city in the continental USA, in April 2016. This
upscale hotel is set at the entry point of Key West on North
Roosevelt Boulevard and is convenient to the island's best
attractions such as Old Town, Mallory Square, Smathers Beach and
the Hemingway House. The hotel is also close to Duval Street, the
center of the action, where Key West's best restaurants, bars,
nightlife and shopping reside. Boasting 141 brand new guest rooms,
the hotel's facilities include a restaurant, indoor and outdoor
bars, pool and Concierge desk, plus an abundance of complimentary
The Public Space Houseperson is
responsible for maintaining high standards in all assigned lobby
areas, public restrooms, special cleaning assignments and
performing Room Attendant duties as necessary.
·Employees must at all times be attentive,
friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow
· Use proper two-way radio etiquette when
communicating with other employees.
· Practice safe work habits to ensure
safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
· Handle items for "Lost and Found"
according to the hotel standards.
· At the end of the shift, turn in all keys
and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
· Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping
· Be familiar with correct guestroom
cleaning procedures to assist if needed.
· Deliver any clean linen to assigned
sections, if necessary.
· Pick up Room Attendant's dirty linen or
trash as needed.
· Before leaving, collect all trash from
the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash
dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
· Vacuum guest corridors.
· Keep hallways, public areas and closets
neat and organized.
· Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in
· Adhere to the schedule for project
cleaning of public areas.
· Maintain the stairwells to hotel
· Keep ash urns clean and filled with
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
· Must be able to effectively communicate
both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests
in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented
· Must be effective at listening to,
understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize
departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and
employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
· Attend all hotel required meetings and
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance
with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which
will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal
appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform
· Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity,
identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and apply
complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet
· Must be able to cross-train in other
hotel related areas.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality
· Must be able to show initiative,
including anticipating guest or operational needs.
· Perform other duties as requested by
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at