Cook 2 - The Marker
Company: Highgate Hotels
Location: Key West
Posted on: May 3, 2021
is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management
company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate
is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New
York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing
Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward
company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property
cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or
disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse
portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and
independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and
digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue
management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving
market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value.
With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced
hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and
Overlooking the historic Key West Harbor,
The Marker Key West is a luxurious compound with a sense of refuge
and retreat, located in the center of it all. As The hotel is
Old Town’s first new build resort in over 20 years and is home to
96 tropically-inspired contemporary and luxurious guest rooms
featuring luxe fabrics, plush bedding and a curated collection of
art, literary works, and thoughtful local amenities.
is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized
recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and
Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an
appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for
ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and
work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the
opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served
promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and
dairy and meat products.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of
proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following
specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as
specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation
of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment
properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel’s standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards
to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen
- Maintain a “Clean As You Go” policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.
- Culinary experience required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required,
according to hotel standards.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling,
poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Key West , Cook 2 - The Marker, Other , Key West, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!