Hospice Medical Social Worker
Company: Compassionate Care Hospice an Amedisys Company
Location: Big Pine Key
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*\*\*MODERN HEALTHCARE BEST PLACES TO WORK 2021 and 2022\*\**
Compassionate Care Hospice, an Amedisys Company, is searching for a
Clinical Medical Social Worker (MSW) to join our team of incredible
healthcare professionals for our Marathon, FL Care Center. This
team prides themselves in going beyond the call of duty to service
not only their patient's needs, but the team around them. It's at
the Heart of What We Do. *We Proudly Offer: ** Benefits first of
month after hire
* Generous PTO package
* Retirement Plan - 401k match and much more!
* Continuing education credits
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Mileage reimbursement
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Relocation assistance
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance *What You Will Do* Assist and counsel hospice
patients and families with health related financial, social and
emotional concerns according to the physician's orders. * Provides
social work services, under medical supervision, in accordance with
the patient's Plan of Care.
* Demonstrates competency in skills required by the care
* Assists the physician and other members of the hospice team to
understand the significance of social and emotional factors related
to terminally ill patients care.
* Assesses and reassesses social and emotional factors in order to
help the patient and family to cope with problems of end-of-life
care and to help them follow hospice team recommendations to
maximize the patient's quality of life.
* Counsels patients and families concerning financial concerns,
life review, positive family relationships and quality of life, and
care giving issues.
* Recognizes and utilizes community and family resources to assist
in maintaining independence and quality of life.
* Assists with the development of the Plan of Care with the
Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), patient and family to deal with
personal, financial and environmental difficulties that may
interfere with quality
* of life at the end of life.
* Participates in discharge planning, as appropriate.
* Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care
progress records according to the Plan of Care with accuracy,
timeliness and according to policies. Submits accurate
* per agency policy.
* Keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge.
* Supervises staff assigned to the team and conducts performance
evaluations of each.
* Participates in in-service programs.
* Participates in the care center's quality improvement
* Provides in-service to other hospice agency personnel or external
customers at least annually, when requested. _*Required*_* Must
have Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social
work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and
* Must have 1 year of social work experience post obtaining MSW
degree in a healthcare setting. About Amedisys - *Caregiving is Our
Calling* Whether we're caring for patients directly or supporting
those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member
contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically
distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families
every day. In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at
the end of life while maintaining autonomy and independence to
support their needs. If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide
Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make
a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join
our team. * Job Type: Full-time Medical specialties:
* Hospice & Palliative Medicine
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday COVID-19 considerations:
Religious and medical exemptions accepted in place of COVID-19
* clinical healthcare social work: 1 year (Preferred) Work
Location: On the road
Keywords: Compassionate Care Hospice an Amedisys Company, Key West , Hospice Medical Social Worker, Healthcare , Big Pine Key, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!